Selling a home can be a stressful process. If your home needs repairs on the roof, you may consider putting it on the market as an “as is” property. Before you do this, you should take a look at the issues you may face.
Selling a home with a damaged roof is a complicated process. First of all, an “as is” home will sell for far less than another home in the area, so you will be losing money on the sale. Secondly, these types of homes tend to attract people who are interested in flipping a property, which means you will most likely get an offer that is way under your asking price. Third, a house with a problem like a damaged roof will make it hard for serious buyers to receive the financing they need to purchase the property. Many lenders require that significant repairs like a damaged roof will have to be taken care of before closing.
Contact Coffey Contracting Co., Inc., when you need a roof repair in Pittsburgh, PA. Our talented team is available to provide you with a wide array of roof installation and repair services, working with slate, tile, flat, and metal roofing.
Choosing the right roofing for your home is simple when you work with Coffey Contracting Co., Inc. We offer a wide array of options for you, including slate roofing. Here are a few benefits to choosing this fabulous option:
- Increase Your Curb Appeal – If you have been looking for the ideal way to improve your home’s curb appeal, a slate roof may be the perfect option for you. These natural stone roofs are known for their magnificent color variations that you will not find from other roofing material.
- Extremely Durable – Slate roofing may cost a bit more when you purchase it, but these roofing tiles tend to last for a long time. When correctly installed and maintained, a slate roof can last for 150 years. In fact, some slate roofing has lasted much longer than that!
- Good for the Environment – Much like the tile roofing we offer, slate roofing is environmentally friendly. Standard slate roof tiles are made from natural stones, which means they do not give off the same amount of pollution other roofing gives off during manufacturing. Furthermore, this tile can be recycled.
Contact our roofers in Pittsburgh to discuss slate roofing options today. Our team is prepared to update and improve your roof today!
Are you worried about your roof leaking? Here is some valuable info you should know about leak prevention and location:
- Keep an Eye on Your Chimney, Skylight, and Vents – Any of these parts of your roof could cause a leak. It is vital that you take a look at these parts of your roof to ensure that water is flowing around it properly and that there are no spots that need to be resealed or flashed.
- Invest in Your Gutters – Making sure that you have a quality gutter on your home is vital to anyone who owns a home. You should invest in gutters if you do not have any, as well as take care of the gutters that you do have. This means you should ensure they are appropriately sloped and not clogged.
When you need someone to assist you with a roof repair in Pittsburgh, PA, you can rest assured the team at Coffey Contracting Co., Inc., can help you. Our talented specialists have years of experience providing roof installations and repairs.
Make sure your chimney is in working order with help from the crew at Coffey Contracting Company, Inc. We have put together a list of standard chimney issues you may be facing:
- Damaged Flue Liner – A flue liner is an essential part of your chimney. This part makes sure that smoke and ash goes up the fireplace and out of your home. After years of use, it eventually begins to wear down and can crack or deteriorate. Without it, you may have to deal with smoke getting into your home.
- Brick and Mortar Joint Problems – Loose and cracked bricks or damaged mortar joints is a common problem found in chimneys that are not regularly inspected. If you let these problems persist, it could cause further damage and you may need to replace your entire chimney.
- Rusty Damper or Firebox – Have you noticed that the damper or firebox on your chimney is rusty? You may have a problem with too much moisture in your chimney. Moisture in your chimney can eat away at the mortar and damage any wood surrounding it.
Count on our specialists when you need a chimney repair in Pittsburgh, PA. We offer restoration and rebuilding services, as well as waterproofing, repointing, and additional maintenance.
Taking care of your property means making sure that everything is in proper working order, including your gutters. Many people do not think about the gutters until they stop doing their job, but they are a vital part of your home or retail building. Without them, you may be facing a variety of problems that involve costly repairs.
Gutters are essential for a wide array of reasons. When you have gutters that work correctly, you can rest assured that the soil around your house is stabilized and that flooding under the house and in the basement does not occur. Additionally, gutters help you avoid foundation problems, water staining on bricks and stone masonry, issues with your doors. You should be cleaning your gutters regularly to ensure that your gutters continue to work properly. If not, your gutters can become a breeding ground for mold. Weeds and grass can also start growing when maintenance has not been performed.
When your gutters are not working correctly, you can contact the team at Coffey Contracting Company, Inc. One of our many specialties is gutter repair in Pittsburgh. You can give us a call at (412) 341-1127 to ask any questions you may have about our services.
Have you ever considered investing in a tile roof for your property? Read the following advantages to learn why this style of roofing may be the right choice for you:
- Built to Last – When installed in the correct climate and properly maintained, a tile roof can last for as many as 100 years. Once it has been installed, it can stand up to hail, high winds, and fire. By spending a little extra, you can avoid a variety of issues in the future.
- Unique Styles – There are many different tile roofing styles available to match your home and increase your curb appeal. You can select Spanish tile that will look great on your older home, or choose something like Jamestown tile to give your roof a style that will impress everyone on the block.
- Good for the Environment – Are you concerned with your carbon footprint? Then investing in tile roofing might be a smart investment for you. Tile roofing is typically made from minerals that come from the earth, as opposed to harmful chemicals. Furthermore, they can be recycled when they are removed.
From new installation services to roof repair in Pittsburgh, PA, the team at Coffey Contracting Company, Inc., is available to assist you. Contact us today to learn more about investing in a tile roof.
Invest in your property when you come to Coffey Contracting Company, Inc. For more than 15 years, our business has been providing quality commercial and residential roofing services, specializing in tile and slate roofing services. Furthermore, we provide masonry, chimney, and siding assistance. With our help, you can revitalize old buildings or make new properties look perfect.
From repairs and replacements to restorations and waterproofing, our team is ready and willing to assist you. We understand how important your roof is, so we always make sure that our customers feel like they come first. People who have hired our Pittsburgh-area roofers have noticed that we are prompt and professional. We take our time to make sure that you are happy with all of the repairs and installations we perform. Our team will work with you until you are satisfied with our services.
Contact us today at (412) 341-1127 to hire our roofers in Pittsburgh today. For your peace of mind, our specialists have more than 35 years of commercial and residential roofing experience. It does not matter if you are hiring us for a small repair or a large replacement project, we will treat you with respect at all times and provide you with unparalleled customer services.