Going green is a significant concern for many homeowners. Take a look at the following roofing tips that will lead to a more environmentally-friendly home:
- Bring in More Daylight – You can invest in solar reflective tubes or a simple skylight to bring natural daylight into your home. When you have more sunlight in your home, you will not have to rely on electric lights to see in your home during the day.
- Invest in a Water Barrel – A simple way to reduce your carbon footprint is to install a water barrel to the downspout of your gutters. These barrels collect water runoff from your roof that can later be used to water your garden or for simple cleaning tasks outdoors.
- Maintain Your Roof – Believe it or not, maintaining your roof is a wonderful way to go green. When you take care of your gutters, regularly remove debris from your roof, and inspect it for damage every once in a while, you are preventing expensive and wasteful repairs in the future.
Count on the team at Coffey Contracting Company, Inc., when you need assistance with your roof. You can rest assured that we will assist you with a roof repair in Pittsburgh, PA, as well as provide you with new tile roof installations.
Selling a home can be a stressful process. If your home needs repairs on the roof, you may consider putting it on the market as an “as is” property. Before you do this, you should take a look at the issues you may face.
Selling a home with a damaged roof is a complicated process. First of all, an “as is” home will sell for far less than another home in the area, so you will be losing money on the sale. Secondly, these types of homes tend to attract people who are interested in flipping a property, which means you will most likely get an offer that is way under your asking price. Third, a house with a problem like a damaged roof will make it hard for serious buyers to receive the financing they need to purchase the property. Many lenders require that significant repairs like a damaged roof will have to be taken care of before closing.
Contact Coffey Contracting Co., Inc., when you need a roof repair in Pittsburgh, PA. Our talented team is available to provide you with a wide array of roof installation and repair services, working with slate, tile, flat, and metal roofing.
Are you worried about your roof leaking? Here is some valuable info you should know about leak prevention and location:
- Keep an Eye on Your Chimney, Skylight, and Vents – Any of these parts of your roof could cause a leak. It is vital that you take a look at these parts of your roof to ensure that water is flowing around it properly and that there are no spots that need to be resealed or flashed.
- Invest in Your Gutters – Making sure that you have a quality gutter on your home is vital to anyone who owns a home. You should invest in gutters if you do not have any, as well as take care of the gutters that you do have. This means you should ensure they are appropriately sloped and not clogged.
When you need someone to assist you with a roof repair in Pittsburgh, PA, you can rest assured the team at Coffey Contracting Co., Inc., can help you. Our talented specialists have years of experience providing roof installations and repairs.
Have you ever considered investing in a tile roof for your property? Read the following advantages to learn why this style of roofing may be the right choice for you:
- Built to Last – When installed in the correct climate and properly maintained, a tile roof can last for as many as 100 years. Once it has been installed, it can stand up to hail, high winds, and fire. By spending a little extra, you can avoid a variety of issues in the future.
- Unique Styles – There are many different tile roofing styles available to match your home and increase your curb appeal. You can select Spanish tile that will look great on your older home, or choose something like Jamestown tile to give your roof a style that will impress everyone on the block.
- Good for the Environment – Are you concerned with your carbon footprint? Then investing in tile roofing might be a smart investment for you. Tile roofing is typically made from minerals that come from the earth, as opposed to harmful chemicals. Furthermore, they can be recycled when they are removed.
From new installation services to roof repair in Pittsburgh, PA, the team at Coffey Contracting Company, Inc., is available to assist you. Contact us today to learn more about investing in a tile roof.