Are you interested in learning more about your roof? The team at Coffey Contracting Co., Inc., is here to help you. We have put together a small glossary of roofing terms you should know:
- Dormer – This is a small structure, such as a window, that is projecting out of a sloped roof.
- Fire Rating – The fire rating is a system used to classify how resistant roofing material is to fire. There are three classes – Class A being the most resilient and Class C being the least.
- Penetrations – A penetration is anything that penetrates the roof deck, such as pipes, vents, and chimneys.
- Slope – If you are looking for the angle at which your roof rises in inches, you are looking for a slope. For example, a slope of 2 in 12 raises 2 inches for every 12 inches.
- Valley – The valley of a roof is the angle that is formed at the intersection of two sloped roof surfaces.
Are you interested in learning more about your roof? You can count on the team at Coffey Contracting Co., Inc., to help you. When people are seeking the top roofing company in Pittsburgh, PA, they know they can trust our team to perform a vast array of installation and repair services.
You must be logged in to post a comment.